Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Lines. Margot.

So, I finally got a new camera and haven't been able to use it too much. These were taken with my point and shoot and aren't new pictures--I'm a total cheat.

I can't remember in which direction this was shot originally. So you can decide which you like better.





This one was originally tall but I thought I'd see what happened when I cropped it to the sun. I like it both ways but for different reasons. I'd also like to know how to take pictures with the sun that don't have large colored glares (the pink top right of the sun). Anyone know how?






2 comments:

  1. Hey Margot. Great pictures. I love sunflare too, but always find it hard to capture. Here's a good tutorial on a photography blog/contest that I participate in on occasion about capturing sunflare: http://iheartfaces.blogspot.com/2009/11/tutorial-capturing-sun-flare.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the cropped picture better, though I couldn't tell you why, other than you've taken up more of the picture with the flare.

    This is totally morbid, but the top two make me imagine you're taking the pictures as a "dead body," or like you dropped the camera and it landed on an angle. It seems like there should be a story behind the angle, and I want to know what that story is! Very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete