Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Intro: Elly Fryer

Hey y'all!

I am a Texan, though I have moved around a little. I grew up in Houston, attended high school in North Carolina, and graduated from the University of Utah with a B.F.A. in ballet. That's right, ballet. I had some fun opportunities to perform in Asia and in various parts of the U.S. and pursued my dance career in New York City for several years. It was there that I met my husband, Scott, and we had our little boy, Drew, who is almost two now. After living there for over six years, we were excited for a change. We moved to Lafayette a few months ago and Scott is attending the MBA program at Purdue. It has been a big change, but a welcome one.

I enjoy teaching dance and Pilates. Luckily, I am able to do both part-time right now. I have always loved the arts and would have more heavily pursued visual art and music, had I not been so focused on and in love with dance.

I was the one in college who was constantly taking pictures and who always wanted to get everyone together for a group picture to remember the roadtrip or activity we were doing. As annoyed as everyone acted, they always thanked me after the fact. About six months ago, Scott got me an SLR camera, which I am loving. I am still very new to all of the technicalities, but I'm enjoying the learning process.

I look forward to learning from all of you talented women!

No comments:

Post a Comment