Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rule of Thirds- Sarah

Okay, does anyone else find it VERY hard to take pictures when it's so gray and rainy all the time? The lighting in my house isn't great, so I kind of bank on good sunlight, and when we don't have much of that, I don't take many pictures (not to mention that we have even less hours of sunlight to start with!). So, as a result, I didn't take a ton of pictures this week. Here is one of the cute kids in my kids preschool class on our trip to the Fire Station (I did take pictures of my own kids, but the didn't turn out that great in terms of the 'rule of thirds').Although he is towards the center of the picture, there is enough negative space to the right that is used to give context to the picture.

And here are a couple other pictures that I took in late August that I thought followed the rule of thirds.Here his hand, while some what centered, takes up about 2/3's of the picture.

p.s. I promise to take current pictures for the next challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I love the bubbles, perfect for this rule. I get the worst lighting in my house on gray days! Though the light outside (if you can get the rain to stop) is nice when it's cloudy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the top picture really works well, though. You've got the lines of the fire truck behind leading to your son, and since they're slightly on the diagonal there's a great sense of motion. I feel like you've just caught him as he's racing around the fire station.

    The hand picture is another one I really like in this set. The tip of his finger lands pretty much on that top left third spot, giving you another third--all without obscuring that precious face!

    ReplyDelete