Monday, November 16, 2009

Rule of Thirds. Kim

I'm going to cheat and post some pictures using the Rule of Thirds that I had taken previously...My excuse is that I had a major research paper and presentation to prepare for last week, so please forgive!! I did use my camera a few times this week though, I just can't post those photos yet. :)

I found this really good blog post about the rule of thirds. If interested: http://digital-photography-school.com/rule-of-thirds It talks about when to try to hit the intersection and when to hit one of the dividing lines, which I found helpful.

Beth's face hits the top right point (barely!)...It should probably be on Jaden more so though.



Golf ball hits the top left point-ish.


This is one Brandon took over the summer...I hope you're not offended...buuutt there's a certain area that's dead on for the rule of thirds :)

7 comments:

  1. Love it! No offense taken :)I also love the golf ball, great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! so funny.. I never noticed how tiny their tails were!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you posted the link to the digital photography school. I used that post as a reference when writing up my version, and probably should have linked to it myself simply because those pictures are such great examples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the golf ball one. Did you edit it at all? I have NO clue about editing pictures (except for very basic croping and such). Does anyone have tips for software (preferably free) that is good for 'fancy-ing' up pictures? Great job Kim. I love the bum picture too. Quite funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never mind about the editing software. I saw your comment on the assignment post. Sorry, I'm just now realizing I don't get e-mail if people comment like I do with my other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did edit the golf ball picture...Editing is a secret love of mine. haha. I use photoshop, but mostly because I have it from my undergrad. The free programs are really nice! I'm amazed at what's out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At some point you're definitely going to have to do an editing tutorial (or five) so we can all learn from your mad skillz!

    I agree with your assessment of the top photo. I'd probably have cropped a little off the right side, though it's still a strong image.

    ReplyDelete