Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Rule of Thirds- Stephanie



Thanks for the tutorial of the Rule of Thirds, it has helped(tremendously)with my pictures. Before last week, I took photos like a novice, just aim and click. I like to compare my abilities to a term used in basketball: Prayer shot--a shot that has an extremely low chance of going in, usually a full court or half court shot. That is how I take pictures, not knowing the basic fundamentals and just hoping to get that "good shot". Sometimes I get lucky and score the Kodak moment, but I am hoping from this blog I can be more consistent.

I took a good number of pictures last week. The picture that I posted was my favorite. It may not be the best picture, but the bike rider, bike, and part of the road all fall on the left 1/3 segment of the picture. And the subject (the biker) is 1/3 compare to the 2/3 of space.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie--

    I already used your picture as an example in the post on comments, but just to reiterate, the line of the road extending off to the right beyond your daughter really brings a sense of motion and going somewhere to this picture. I love it!

    ReplyDelete