Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Intro: Sarah Harward

Hello! I'm so excited about this blog! Where to start with an intro? I'm a mother to three beautiful children (Landon (pictured above) is 5, Addie is 3 and Grant is 10 1/2 months) and a wife to one handsome husband!! I was an army brat growing up so I don't have any particular place to call my 'hometown' but my husband and I have been married for 6 1/2 years and have lived here in Lafayette for all of that time (which is the longest I've ever lived in one place) so does that make Lafayette my home? I went to school at BYU-Idaho and LOVED every second of it.

I got my first digital camera as a gift from my husband after I had our daughter and have LOVED snapping pictures ever since (but to be quite honest was never very good at taking pictures). After taking Wendy Olmstead's 'Design through Digital Photography' class this past summer I've really become obsessed with taking pictures and trying to use the design elements to make them great. I have a little point and shoot camera (Canon Powershot SD790 IS) and I LOVE it. I know people who are more experienced photographers need something better, but because of it's size it's ALWAYS with me and I have been able to capture some priceless moments because of that. My main reason for wanting to become a better 'photographer' (hope it doesn't offend real photographers that I'm lumping myself in that category!) is to capture the moments of my kids lives. Being a mom is the greatest (and hardest and most challenging) thing I've ever done, and I don't want to miss or forget a single second of it!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you! I am excited to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Canon Powershot that I carry with me too. I stole it from my husband when we got married. They're really nice camera's too!

    ReplyDelete